Advertising Sales Position
An Oregon agricultural trade organization seeks an individual with a broad range of skills for an advertising sales position.
The Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN) is a non-profit trade association that represents more than 1,000 individual nursery stock producers, retailers, landscapers and related companies serving the nursery and greenhouse industry. The OAN is the main voice for Oregon's nursery and greenhouse growers, re-sellers, transporters, retailers and suppliers.
This position is a key component of the Publications and Communications team. The advertising sales person is responsible for maintaining relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential advertising and sponsorship accounts. This position develops print and online advertising, organizes ad placement and secures sponsorship commitments.
Specific tasks include:
- Maintain sales database, including lead sheets, call records, collected demographics, and periodic billing.
- Identify viable market segments based on potential for mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work with team members to identify guidelines for event sponsorship and advertising products.
- Research, develop, and deliver proposals.
- Finalize sale including contract agreements.
- Provide input on layout plan to publications team.
- Report sales to ensure proper fulfillment of all benefits through planning of each event and publication.
- Ensure clients are properly invoiced and collect on past due accounts.
A minimum of three years of previous experience working in a related field is required. This position involves working with digital and printed advertising. Working knowledge of Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar is helpful.
Successful candidates will have excellent computer and office skills, be able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and work independently or cooperatively with other staff as needed. Outstanding communication and organizational skills are a must. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent our association are crucial. The ability to manage time both inside and outside the office in a responsible manner is a must.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required for special events. Compensation includes salary and commission.
The association, based in Wilsonville, Oregon, offers a relaxed office environment and the opportunity to work for an important industry. To apply for this job e-mail a letter of interest and a resume to the attention of the Director of Finance at email@example.com. Do not call or contact OAN personnel directly regarding this position.