Event and Program Coordinator
The Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN) seeks an energetic Event & Program Coordinator with a broad range of skills to work for the Events & Education team. The Event & Program Coordinator works with the Director of Events and will help plan and manage the following association events and programs, but not limited to:
- The Farwest Trade Show (6,000+ attendees, 400+ exhibitors, 7 hotels room blocks)
- OAN Annual Convention (150 attendees)
- Duffer's Golf Tournament (144 participants)
- Oregon Ag Fest: OAN Booth
- Shipping logistics to nursery trade shows for members
- Board and leadership retreats
- Related industry events and conferences
- Manage all exhibitor relations including communications, contract fulfillment and support
- Manage exhibitors onsite including set-up and tear down, enforce rules and provide impeccable customer service to all exhibitors and attendees
- Assist sales, education, website and accounting departments in all Farwest related services
- Compile exhibitor packets and materials
- Provide support to show marketing with both traditional and social media approaches
- Coordinate events' social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter. Strategize, create and execute promotional messaging.
- Coordinate with third party vendor to produce event apps, designed for show attendees to maximize their experience.
- Supervise registration through third party company before, during and after event
- Manage specific show features determined on an annual basis, including the New Products Showcase at Farwest by securing products and managing onsite display
- Secure bus companies and other vendors for offsite events
- Coordinate and execute event logistics for the association
- Assist with completion of sponsorship fulfillment wrap-up reports
- Oversee meeting management including meeting notices, accommodations, minutes and agendas
- Manage the Trucks to Trade Show program each summer and winter
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Meeting/event planning experience of at least 2-3 years
- Excellent customer service and polished communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and motivation to take on projects with intent to improve each component
- Experience with budget management, financial tracking, contract negotiations
- Sales experience beneficial
- Degree in related field or additional equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability and/or aptitude in: Microsoft Office applications, Facebook, Twitter and Apps. Familiarity with Mac OS-X operating system, Filemaker Pro and Instagram is helpful.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required for special events. The OAN offers a competitive salary and generous employment benefits. Compensation package includes full medical, vision and dental insurance, employer matching 401K plan, vacation and personal time off. We value work-life balance and a friendly work environment.
ABOUT THE OAN:
The OAN is a not-for-profit membership organization based in Wilsonville, Oregon that represents over 800 individual nursery stock producers, retailers, landscapers and related companies servicing the nursery and greenhouse industry. The nursery industry is the second largest agricultural commodity in the state, earning over $830 million annually. The OAN is the main voice for the Oregon nursery industry within the state, nationally and internationally. Learn more at www.oan.org and www.FarwestShow.com.
Please respond via email to Careers@oan.org with resume, cover letter, salary requirements. Each of these items is required for further consideration. Do not contact OAN personnel directly regarding this position.