July 2015 Employment Classified Ads
Last update: July 1, 2015
ASSISTANT GROWER – CONTAINERSPosted 7/1/15
We are a large, expanding wholesale nursery looking for a Container Grower. We are located in Elma, WA. Skills include: scheduling irrigation and plant maintenance, overseeing canning and scouting. Must have ability to communicate verbally and in writing, manage crews and prioritize. Basic computer skills are a must.
2 or 4 year horticulture/ ag degree, or 4 years' industry supervisory experience required. We offer a comprehensive benefit package.
Email email@example.com or call 360-482-6190 ext. 106 for a detailed job description.
CONTAINER PRODUCTION FOREMAN—YAMHILL, ORPosted 7/1/15
Job Description: This job is responsible to supervise and coordinate all container-growing operations under the direction of the Container department head.
- Coordinates all production teams involved in container shrub, evergreen and rose production.
- Supervises all daily production crew activity
- Identify plant problems and take appropriate actions to maintain product quality.
- Insure that company policies and safety rules are followed at all time.
- Assist with the development of departmental material, labor and capital budgets.
- Relevant horticulture experience that includes knowledge of ornamental plant material, chemicals and labor management.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of farm equipment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees. Bi-lingual in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Ability to train, supervise, evaluate and coordinate the activities of multiple production crews.
- Valid Oregon Drivers License with insurable driving record.
Salary: This opening is a foreman level position. Wage DOQ.
Reply with letter and resume to: Brian Bowman, Bailey Nurseries Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
CROP PROTECTION SPECIALISTPosted 7/1/15
Lawyer Nursery Inc. in Olympia, WA seeks a qualified candidate who will be responsible for chemical applications for a large bare root nursery, specializing in woody plant production. The person will work with our grower to scout for insect, disease and weed pressure, and maintain established crop protection programs. Responsibilities include applications of crop protection products, such as pesticides, growth regulators, fertilizers and other materials required for the culture and health of 300 species of woody plants.
- Post-secondary training, preferably in horticulture, crop production or other agricultural training.
- Experience with farm machinery, pumps, nozzles and spray equipment, including the ability to operate equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Excellent communication skills that enable the applicator to complete application records, post signage, and communicate with management, growers and production personnel.
- Must have or be able to acquire a WSDA Private Applicator License, be knowledgeable of IPM and the Worker Protection Standard.
Overall, the successful candidate will have a clear understanding of agricultural chemical application requirements. We are willing to train a qualified, motivated horticulturist who is interested in crop protection.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or request a complete Job Description for this position.
FLOWER MARKET SALES MANAGERPosted 7/1/15
This is a salary exempt position.
Primary duties may include:
- Represent the company at the Flower Market (min. of 3 days a week — Mon, Wed, Fri — 6:00 am to 1:00 pm during off season and full time during season).
- Display wholesale products at Flower Market.
- Converse with customers regarding product availability.
- Take and process orders from customers.
- Interact with office personnel regarding pricing, available products, customers, etc.
- Any reasonable task requested by the company.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Purchasing – Fulfillment Assistant)Posted 7/1/15
This is a seasonal hourly non-exempt position.
Primary duties may include:
- Assist and support the Fulfillment Manager on projections, production, shipping, etc.
- Work with and maintain communications with representatives from fulfillment company(s) regarding projection increases, production and/or computer issues.
- Responsible for the processing, printing and sorting of labels of incoming orders.
- Assist with organization of the work to meet deadlines.
- Oversee label processing.
- Interact daily and/or weekly with production department on seasonal production goals.
- Interact with production supervisor to ensure the loading of completed orders and correct delivery.
- Daily assist in the facilitation of the timely departure of trucks for UPS and FED EX.
- Assist in the hiring, training and scheduling of fulfillment workers for high season.
- Ensure and follow company safety practices.
- Any reasonable task requested by the company.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
GREENHOUSE TECHNICAL SALES — Oregon & Western Wash.Posted 7/1/15
Company looking to expand its sales coverage to handle increased business. Person responsible for commercial sales of greenhouses and systems. Some travel. Work out of home office. Need strong engineering, mechanical aptitude and prior experience in horticulture. Salary plus commission and expenses. Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A leading Specimen Tree Nursery is looking to fill the position of Grower. Applicants must have a current Pesticide Applicators license and knowledge of IPM. Applicants must be self motivated and like to work with groups. The right candidate must be willing to teach and show workers proper pruning techniques for commercial shade tree production as well as help with various tasks around the nursery. Tree identification is a must as well as pest identification. Full benefit package as well as salary DOE. Fax resume to 503-357-5141 or email to email@example.com.
Up for a challenge in Western Oregon? Head Grower position available.Posted 7/1/15
We are a medium-sized, actively growing, diversified bedding plant grower looking for a person to lead our growing team.
- Do you have strong technical skills with plants?
- Are you able to communicate and motivate your crew?
- Are you comfortable with technology for managing greenhouses and tracking technical information?
- Do you excel at making smart and timely decisions?
F&B Farms is committed to growing plants in a sustainable manner that takes in to account our people and the environment. We value good work habits and a supportive team. If you are interested in working in a challenging environment where you can implement your ideas and further your career you should come talk with us. A competitive compensation package is offered. In addition, western Oregon offers many recreational opportunities and beautiful scenery.
Please send resume with pertinent experience and a cover letter to: Admin@fandbfarms.com
HELP WANTEDPosted 7/1/15
For jobs and key employees throughout California and the Northwest, call Florasearch, Inc. You know us. For more than three decades we have been bringing together key people and excellent companies in the nursery and greenhouse industries and allied trades. Check our references. Confidential. Employer pays fee.
1740 Lake Markham Rd.
Sanford, FL 32771
Ph (407) 320-8177
Fx (407) 320-8083
HELP WANTED/EMPLOYMENT WANTEDPosted 7/1/15
Need Help? Need a strong, motivated, experienced employee? Need a secure career path?
Employers and employees – for assistance in filling that position or locating a position, call us — The Plus Group.
We bring together quality candidates and focused companies for the best possible result.
Operating in the nursery and greenhouse space throughout the West Coast and U.S., we have years of successful results behind us.
Confidential searches. Employer pays fee.
The Plus Group
2551 San Ramon Valley Blvd., #201
San Ramon, CA 94583
Ph. (925) 831.8551
Fax (925) 831.0265
HELP WANTEDPosted 7/1/15
Loen Nursery Inc. – Wholesale Growers & Suppliers of High Quality Plants
We are always looking for career oriented skilled staff. Our operations include wholesale growing, shipping, landscape contractor sales, and retail nursery. If you have the interest and skills needed to be a part of our team, please apply. We are growers of container and field grown ornamentals. We are looking for people in the following areas:
- Sales / Customer Service
- Production / Growers / Supervisors
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory / Office Management and Admin / Purchasing
- Pesticide / IPM Managers and Applicators
- Irrigation Management / Skilled Laborers
Applicants with specific work experience or education to the nursery industry is desired. Computer skills, Spanish / English, plant ID knowledge, equipment operation.
Pay higher than most in industry, advancement opportunity Benefits include: paid vacation, holidays, health insurance. Respond with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the specific job for which you qualify.
For more information, please visit us online at www.loennursery.com.
LAND USE, CONSERVATION & NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGERPosted 7/1/15
Seeking a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and positive attitude to join our horticulture department.
Responsibilities: Land and resource management including coordination of composting, cover crop rotations, soil and water conservation practices, chemical and amendment applications, overall ground maintenance, equipment utilized for farming activities, tree harvest and logistics.
Requirements: B.S. in Horticulture, Fruit Science, Agronomy, Soil Science or related education/experience. Candidates should possess a valid driver's license with an insurable driving record, an Oregon Pesticide Applicator License, computer skills, GIS capabilities, knowledge and experience with machinery and strong organizational skills.
Benefits: Paid vacation and holidays, 401K/profit sharing plan and multiple insurance plans.
Must have a true desire to learn and grow with the company and become part of a dedicated team that works to improve and succeed.
To apply: Send resume and references to email@example.com, fax 503-868-7503 attention HR or mail to PO Box 398, Dayton, OR 97114
NURSERY CONTAINER PRODUCTION SUPERVISORPosted 7/1/15
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of nursery experience with skills to effectively manage crews in all aspects of container production tasks: pruning, grading, shifting, shipping, etc. Bilingual and private applicator's license are preferred. Comprehensive benefits. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 503-678-0332.
PLANT PROPAGATOR—CANBY, ORPosted 7/1/15
Experienced propagating and maintaining NW native/non-native plants. Valid Driver's License required. Email Resume: email@example.com
PROPAGATION SECTION GROWERPosted 7/1/15
This position will work closely with our Propagation Grower to determine crop cultural needs including mist, irrigation and environmental controls, sanitation of area, biological and pest controls as well. This is a full time position. Previous greenhouse experience is needed. Basic plant identification knowledge is preferred and acquisition of pesticide applicator's license is expected. English is essential, bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
- Willingness to work extra hours including holidays and weekend rotations as requested by management
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
Benefits include: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, paid Holidays, paid vacation and 401k plan with company match.
Mail or e-mail resumes to:
Human Resources Manager
Skagit Gardens, Inc.
3100 Old Highway 99 South
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!Posted 7/1/15
Leading wholesale perennial grower is seeking a high achieving team member. Join our team of motivated and positive professionals and be proud of the product we provide to the industry!
If you have solid customer service and sales experience and a robust knowledge of herbaceous perennials and more, we're looking for you. Are you organized, self-motivated, positive, and detail oriented? Then you'll fit right in. Please send your work history, salary history and needs, and a letter of introduction with your goals to DiggerJobs@oan.org with
Blind Box G in the subject line.
SALES POSITIONS AT LARGE WHOLESALE NURSERY/STOCK GROWER (GRESHAM-BORING AREA)Posted Posted 7/1/15
Compensation: Competitive base plus commission commensurate with experience
Serious immediate openings for wholesale nursery inside sales, recommend and sell plant material in assigned sales territory. Plant knowledge and nursery sales experience a plus. This is a full-time job, not a 1099 position. Some annual travel.
- Extensive training program
- Base plus commission
- Retirement program
- Medical partially paid by company
- Cafeteria plan available
- Dental partially paid by company
- Vision if elected paid by employee
- Life/AD&D paid by company
- 2 weeks of vacation to start
- 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years
- 6 paid holidays
We are a non-smoking environment. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact phone, address, resume, and references.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE A STRONG CANDIDATE.
SALES PROFESSIONALPosted 7/1/15
Are you looking? Why not join the Skagit Gardens SuperStarts young plant division located in Mount Vernon, WA! Help us support our customers and broker sales representatives who sell our liners to the finest perennial growers throughout North America! The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be detail oriented, be a team player, solution driven, have a solid understanding of the wholesale plant industry, and a clear understanding of the various perennial / greenhouse production processes. A good command of Microsoft Office products and quick to adapt to ERP software will be necessary. Some light travel will be needed and tradeshow experience is a plus. Benefits include: Medical and Dental insurance, paid time off, Holiday pay and a 401K plan with company match. Salary D.O.E. Please mail or e-mail resume to: Margaret Partida, HR Manager, 3100 Old Hwy 99 South, Mount Vernon, WA 98273, email@example.com
SHADE TREE PRODUCTION MANAGERPosted 7/1/15
Kuenzi Turf & Nursery has an opening for shade tree production manager. This person reports directly to the CEO. Candidate must be action-based decision maker, with a hands-on approach. Responsible for all aspects of bare root shade tree, in ground fabric bag liner and finish shade tree production. From propagation and field growing, to budding, pruning, harvest, grading, storage, shipping and inventory control. Some customer relationships to do trade shows and travel to review product performance. Compensation depends on experience. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WATERER/JUNIOR GROWERPosted 7/1/15
Must have growing experience and knowledge of perennial plants or horticulture industry with training or education in IPM, pest scouting and ID, fungicide/insecticide applications. Prefer two years of greenhouse growing experience or associate's degree in horticulture.
Qualified candidates should have the following additional qualifications:
- Conscientious in water techniques and knowledgeable about growth habits for various genera, growth regulator usage and optimization.
- Analytical with good computer skills for accurate records.
- Understand sanitization standards and protocol.
- Physically able to accomplish job duties.
- Tolerate moderate to loud noises, a variety of temperatures in the greenhouse and work areas.
- Confident in concepts of N.P.K. fertilizer concentrations, acidity, parts per million (ppm), micro-nutrient concentrations, and monitor pH and EC levels for crops.
- Operate and program automatic watering systems.
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
Zero tolerance for tobacco products.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.