Worker Protection Standard training
Friday, June 1, 2018
J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.,
9500 SE 327th Ave.
Boring, Oregon 97009
Online registration is closed.
Mark your calendars for upcoming two-hour training sessions on changes to the Worker Protection Standard.
The sessions will be offered free to all industry members at various dates and locations in June and July. Exact times are to be determined:
- Friday, June 1 — J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co., Boring, OR
- Thursday, June 14 — Fall Creek Farm & Nursery, Lowell, OR
- Friday, June 22 — OAN office, Wilsonville, OR
- Tuesday, June 26 — OAN office, Wilsonville, OR
- Thursday, June 28 — Woodburn Nursery & Azaleas, Woodburn, OR
- Friday, July 20 — Monrovia, Dayton, OR
- Monday, July 23 —Alpha Nursery, Salem, OR
Each day will include the following sessions:
- 9–11 a.m. — WPS Basics for Agricultural Employers
- Noon–1:30 p.m. — WPS Handler Training — English
- 2–3:30 p.m. — WPS Handler Training — Español
The training will include presenters from Oregon State University and the Oregon Department of Agriculture. Funding for the training comes from a specialty crop block grant via the ODA. Materials are being created for through OAN's our partnership with SAIF Corporation.
The new rules are mandated by the federal government but must be implemented by each state in the manner it chooses. The rulemaking process has been ongoing, with updates presented in Member Update and at last year’s OAN Convention. Oregon OSHA twice extended the comment period, but comments closed on March 15. The rulemaking has not yet been finalized.
« Go to Upcoming Event List