The Oregon Association of Nurseries has the following openings.
Events and Education Manager
The Oregon Association of Nurseries seeks an energetic Event & Education Manager with a broad range of skills to work for the Events & Education team. The Event & Education Manager works under the Director of Events and will help plan and manage the following association events and programs, but not limited to:
- The Farwest Trade Show (5,000+ attendees, 400 exhibitors, 3+ hotels room blocks, annually in August)
- OAN Convention (150+ attendees, annually in October or November)
- OAN Hall of Fame (150+ attendees, every other year in February)
- Duffer's Golf Tournament (144 participants, annually in June)
- Related industry events and conferences
- Staff liaison for the OAN Education Committee, OAN Greenhouse and Retail Chapters, and the Oregon Garden Foundation
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the development and execution of all educational seminars including speaker arrangements, budget, promotions, materials, and onsite management
- Support event marketing with both traditional and social media approaches
- Supervise hotel rooming blocks, maintain weekly pick - up reports and negotiate hotel contracts
- Manage specific show features determined on an annual basis, including the Farwest Show New Varieties Showcase, Nursery Bus Tours, Equipment Day, Job Fair and networking events.
- Assist with onsite management of events including exhibitor set
- up and tear down, enforce rules and provide impeccable customer service to all exhibitors and attendees
- Assist with coordinating and executing event logistics for the association
- Closely monitor budget status of areas of responsibility on an ongoing basis. Ensure event expenses are within budget.
- Continue to develop new revenue streams to add to events.
- Meeting/event planning experience of at least three years
- Degree in related field or additional equivalent experience
- Knowledge of horticulture and horticultural industry is preferred
- Excellent customer service and polished communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and motivation to take on projects with intent to improve each component
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with budget management, financial tracking, contract negotiations
- Demonstrated ability and/or aptitude in: Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Facebook, Twitter and Apps. Familiarity with Filemaker Pro and Instagram is helpful.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required for special events. Minimal travel is required (two to four times per year, approximately 4 to 5 days each trip) to promote association events and programs at industry trade shows and to assist with onsite management of the OAN Annual Convention. The OAN offers competitive salary and generous employment benefits.
The OAN is a not-for-profit membership organization based in Wilsonville, Oregon that represents nearly 800 individual nursery stock producers, retailers, landscapers and related companies servicing the nursery and greenhouse industry. The nursery industry is the largest agricultural commodity in the state, earning over $900 million annually. The OAN is the main voice for the Oregon nursery industry within the state, nationally and internationally. Learn more at www.oan.org and www.FarwestShow.com.
Please respond via email with resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Do not contact OAN personnel directly regarding this position.